Winters are stepping in and so the greens can be seen easily in vegetables markets. Leafy n lush green veggies are becoming a great hit in indian kitchens.
I also made this morning Chane ka Saag to enjoy the warmth. This leafy saag comes from plucking the soft sprouts of baby leaves of gram plants. Needs special efforts of cleaning , washing the leaves and chopping them finely into tiny bits.
Garlic cloves 8-10 chopped
Green chillies 4-5 finely chopped
Mustard oil 2 tbsp
Chana saag finely chopped 4 cups
Potato wedges 8-10
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in kadai.
2. Fry garlic cloves n green chillies into the oil.
3. Add potatoes to it and later the saag.
4. Add salt and let it cooked covered for 5 minutes.
5. Add chana saag and again cook it covered for 15 minutes.
6. Keep stiring after each 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with paranthas or sticky rice.